Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Computer Trouble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Computer Trouble

    I'm having trouble with my computer, and I was wondering if anyone could help.

    Whenever I try to run "msconfig.exe" nothing happens. I've even tried running it out of DOS and it still doesn't work. Not even an error message. I'm sure it's a virus of some sort. Does anybody know of any good and free virus scanners. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Make the Homies say Ho, and the Girlies wanna scream!!"
    Aqua Teen

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    use bullguard.........www.bullguard.com you can get a 30 day free trial or something but it will get em if they are on there.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    if that dont work try a anti-spyware program. i thought i had a virus ,(which i do), but i go a anti-spyware program and ran it to see if u could delete it from there. Well i could, but the virus is too far in my system and cant do nuttin. but download microsoft anti-spyware program. it is great heres the link Microsoft Anti-Spyware Program
    run a complete sweep and your computer will run a lot faster. and also find the virus and other ad-ware and spyware


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    avg is free, antivir also a good free one

    But I would definately suggest running a spyware program to see if you have any of that stuff they will change files around on your pc a lot
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GCHSBLUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    Check out this link it may be of some help http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b2522124f4970a

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    I found quite a bit of stuff with the microsoft antispyware program but msconfig still won't work. I'll keep trying though.
    "Make the Homies say Ho, and the Girlies wanna scream!!"
    Aqua Teen

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    i have been using this one and it updates it self and lets u know about anything it is free go to this site
    http://www.downloads.com/
    and type in a search for avast this is the best free antivirus u can possible get. try it. i had avg and others before. but when i downloaded this one it got off 6 viruses that avg did not even get. try it u will love it. It also warns u with a voice telling u if u go on a site that has hidden viruses or spyware or adware on them.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Computer Trouble

    Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who responded. I did figure out what was wrong and it was a virus. I downloaded a startup inspector from download.com and got rid of all my bogus startup programs. Guess what, msconfig works now. Computer is running a lot faster, too. So, again, thanks to everybody.
    "Make the Homies say Ho, and the Girlies wanna scream!!"
    Aqua Teen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •